5 Simple Ways to Raise a Reader
Act Now! Help Your Child Get Ready to Read
Believe it or not, the best time to start preparing your baby’s brain to read is now. Here are five simple things you should do with your child:
- Reading regularly together and making reading time fun is the most important way to raise a reader.
- Pretend writing, coloring, and drawing is interesting to small children, but holding crayons or markers also helps develop the small muscles in their hands and makes learning to form letters much easier.
- Talking to babies will build vocabulary and help them learn how language works.
- Singing helps children recognize the different sounds of words.
- And, finally, playing is a child’s work. It encourages imagination, critical thinking skills, and problem solving.