2022 Teen Drawing Contest
The practical step-by-step guide to drawing cartoons, manga and anime : expert techniques and projects, shown in more than 2500 illustrations
Drawing manga faces and bodies
Manga for the Beginner : Everything You Need to Know to Get Started Right Away!
Manga Mania Video Games : How to Draw the Characters & Environments of Manga Video Games
Manga Mania Villains : How to Draw the Dastardly Characters of Japanese Comics
Drawing manga : animals, chibis, and other adorable creatures
The drawing lesson : a graphic novel that teaches you how to draw
Ages 12-18. Draw a single or multi-paneled comic strip, design a character, or draw a book illustration. All artwork will be displayed at the Main Library.
Drawings can be submitted at any Library location June 1- July 31. The public will vote on their favorite pieces.
- One entry per artist.
- Any descriptions included with entry must be typed.
- Artist names should not be visible on entries. Each entry will be assigned a number for public voting.
- Entries must be submitted with an entry form. Forms are available at any Library location.
- Submissions must be no bigger than 12 inches x 18 inches.
- One-panel comic: Contained on one page
- Four-panel comic (like Peanuts/Garfield): Preferably a page of panels.
- Design a character: Must include at least one full-body drawing & one face/profile drawing. Must submit a 1-2 paragraph backstory for the character.
- Book illustration: Create a one-page illustration for a children's or teen book. Must submit a 1-2 paragraph backstory describing their entry.