What's the Word?
It's All in the Details: Writing Contest Rules
- All contestants must be between the ages of 12 and 18.
- One winner from each of the following categories will be chosen each week in June and July: Poetry, Fanfiction, Original Fiction, Nonfiction, Memoir (What I Did on My Summer Vacation), and Nonfiction (Research).
- Your submission must include your first name, phone number, age, and grade level for fall 2017. Entries are due each Friday before 6:00 p.m. Submit typed entries to the nearest Weber County Library or online.
- Winning entries will be selected weekly from each of the four categories and will be announced the following week. Winners will be contacted, so don't forget your phone number!
- You're encouraged to enter the contest as many times as you like. However, you may only win once in a particular category. Winning work will be posted here.
Write It! Great Guides to Help You Tell Your Story
Writers INC: A Student Handbook for Writing and Learning
Seize the Story: A Handbook for Teens Who Like to Write
Please Excuse This Poem: 100 New poets for the next Generation
Leap Write In!: Adventures in Creative Writing to S-t-r-e-t-c-h & Surprise Your One-of-a-kind Mind
Everybody Writes: Your Go-To Guide to Creating Ridiculously Good content
The Author Training Manual